City of Moose Jaw Road Sign Bylaws
Portable Signs in Moose Jaw
“Portable Sign” A sign mounted on a trailer, stand or similar support structure (including a vehicle), which is designed in such a manner that the sign can be readily located to provide advertising at another location, and may include copy that can be changed manually through the use of attachable characters
- Temporary signs must
- be placed a minimum of two (2.0) metres from the curb on a street or where no curb exists, signs must be a minimum of six (6.0) metres from the nearest driving lane on the street.
- be placed a minimum of one (1.0) metre from any City sidewalk or pathway.
- be placed a minimum of five (5.0) metres from any private driveway.
- be placed a minimum of thirty (30) metres from any intersection.
- be placed a minimum of two (2.0) metres from any fire hydrant.
- no portable sign may be located closer than 20.0 metres from any other
portable sign or secondary freestanding sign.
- Temporary signs are prohibited:
- on any centre median or traffic island;
- in any residential district
Portable Signs Moose Jaw – Non–Profit Organizations
- Organizations which are community oriented and non–profit in nature may place portable signs in accordance with this clause.
- Portable signs located in accordance with this clause may not remain on any site for more than 90 consecutive days.
- Portable signs located in accordance with this clause must not display advertising of any commercial product or service
The above regulations are summarized for the reader’s convenience. The Bylaws are always subject to their interpretation of the regulations in favor of the City of Regina. The City may change the signage bylaws at any time. Detailed information may be found on their website.